Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Milestone and a Small Mark

Earlier this month, I passed the 100,000 mile mark. Of course, hitting 100k miles is pretty common for cars nowadays.  Even 200k miles is well within the life expectancy of a "modern" car.  But that doesn't make it any less special.

Immediately following this kodak moment, I mounted my Volvo Heritage Club badges.





Volvo Heritage Club Badges

The Volvo Heritage Club has replaced the traditional Volvo High Mileage Club.  While they continue to give badges for each major milestone, they now reward Volvo owners for their loyalty to the brand.  Because my family has owned at least one Volvo for the last ten years, we were able to apply for the "Ten Years" badge.


As I embark on a journey to reach 200k miles, I added a small tick mark to the top of my steering wheel.

Steering wheel marker

Originally used in race cars, the tick mark is visible in the driver's peripheral vision, making them aware of when the steering wheel is straight.  Some might consider this "modification" to be ricey, but it truly does make a difference during autocross events and even for daily driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment