Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Steering Column Gauge Pod

I have many S40 projects going on at once.  Yesterday, another one arrived in the mail!

Transmission Oil Temp and Air/Fuel Ratio gauges

A few years back, I was a pioneer and created a P1 Volvo A-pillar gauge pod.  (P1 Volvos include the C30, S40, V50, and C70)  Unfortunately, my design could only incorporate two gauges, and I now have need to fit two more.

Current pillar pod

Many people have created gauges pods in the factory gauge surround bezel, but these often cover important warning lights, if not part of the factory gauge cluster itself.  My next project is to create a steering column gauge pod.  This will be a simple design, but the end result should be a clean solution which will still provide full visibility of the factory gauge cluster.

Test fitting


1 comment: