Thursday, November 27, 2014

Custom Belgian Exhaust

For throwback Thursday, I thought I would share the last modification completed on my old S40; a continuation of Emissions-Free County Problems.

C30Crew user, TheBelgian, made me a custom muffler delete.  It was designed to swap in and out with the factory muffler, so I could easily revert to the quiet stock tone whenever I wanted.

Belgian Muffler Delete

$120 in piping and clamps, plus 2 cases of beer.  Not even a custom exhaust shop could match those prices!

A couple of other local members came by as well, making it a mini Volvo meet right there in TheBelgian's driveway.

TheBelgian, CollegeKid01, and Macthias

It was also a treat to see the Volvo 142 project car sitting in the covered carport.


Volvo 142




A small Magnaflow muffler was the only piece of resistance in an otherwise straight piped set up.

Magnaflow muffler
The end result was a beastly tone which I very much enjoyed for the week that it was on the car.  As you all know, my S40 was sold just 2 weeks later.  But I have no regrets of that "exhausting" weekend.  Working on cars until the late hours of the night, hanging out around the campfire sharing our driving stories.  It is always a treat to hang out with fellow Volvo enthusiasts.





No comments:

Post a Comment