Monday, September 8, 2014

Introduction

Hello world!

From a growing demand, I am finally starting a blog to follow the progress of my automotive projects.  Rather than just seeing the finished product on the forums or youtube, you can follow along with my journey from concept through creation.

A little bit about me?  My name is Michael and I drive a Volvo.  Many of you may recognize my username, MyNameIdeasWereTaken, from youtube and the car forums.
Wait...  Did I just say Volvo?  Yes, but it is no ordinary Swedish brick.

My 2004.5 S40 T5 has a turbocharged 5 cylinder engine.  I've done a lot to it, more than I'm willing to list in this post.  But if you're truly interested in seeing all I've done to my cars, please check out MyNameIdeasWereTaken.com.

At the base of Fontana Dam in North Carolina


Bailey, my fiancèe, also drives a Volvo, a 1997 850 GLT.  With nearly 200k miles on the clock, we are currently completing a Stage 0 on her car.  (Stage 0 is the process of replacing fluids and parts until the car is practically brand new.)

Many changes are still in store for both the S40 and the 850.  I'm also in the market for a new project, a six speed Volvo C30, which will be converted into a track car / daily driver.
I hope you'll subscribe and follow along with my endless automotive journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment