Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Car Parts In the House

Admittedly, I have a lot of car parts and tools stacked up in the garage, filling the closet, and overflowing into the living room.  Most of these parts are sorted into boxes: some to sell, some to install, some to keep if I ever revert to stock.  But some parts deserve to be on display.

When I sold my S40, I took it back to stock and sold all the aftermarket performance parts.  The only thing I kept from that car was the front grille; it had been personalized and I wanted something to remember my car by.

2004.5 Volvo S40

The Elevate badge was transferred to my C30, so I replaced the blank space with the "S40" letters which I had previously removed from the car.

Refinished letters adhered to the grille

Four hooks were screwed into the bottom of the grille as a place to hang my keys.  Mounted on the wall by my front door, it is a proud reminder of my previous car while serving both a functional and cosmetic purpose.

Key rack mounted on the wall
Holding the keys of the cars in my Swedish stable

No comments:

Post a Comment