Monday, November 9, 2015

Let there be LIGHT! C30 Edition

Before selling the S40, I removed the brightest mod I had, my Eyourlife 20 inch Light Bar.

Using the same brackets bolted to the bumper, I hung my light bar just in front of the intercooler.
LED light bar mounted
LED light bar on car
Of course, many will question the point of blocking air flow from the front mount intercooler.  Admittedly, it does hinder things a bit.  But the upgraded intercooler still does its job; I have yet to experience heat soak with this car.  Besides, I'd rather see animals/debris on a dark road at night, than risk plowing over something in a car with only 1.5" of clearance.

The center console of the 2008+ P1 Volvo interior is slightly different from what my 2004 S40 had, so I installed the toggle switch in a small cutout where cars equipped with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) would normally have a button.
Toggle switch
All in all, I am very pleased with this modification.  I receive a lot of compliments from the 4x4 crowd who only expect to find these high powered light bars installed on off road vehicles.  I do have another idea in the works that may allow for a bit more illumination without compromising air flow over my intercooler, but that is just another project for another day.

In case you missed the video from an earlier post, here is the light bar in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment