Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stealth Headlights

One of my favorite customization on the S40 were the stealth headlights with blue "halo" eyes.

Stealth S40 headlights
 Naturally, it was something I had to copy over on the C30.

Unlike headlight tint, which dramatically effects light output, my method retains proper headlight functionality.

Once I opened the headlights, the chrome bits were plastidipped black, the halo rings were painted blue, and the amber side markers were tinted black as well.  Nothing was done to alter the lens, so light output remains the same.

As for colored bulbs being illegal in the States, the blue rings do not illuminate independently and the low beams are too bright for onlookers to notice any color.  I had this exact set up on the S40 for over 3 years and never once got in trouble for it.  It's simply a cosmetic modification that makes the car look a little more mean.

Light off

Lights on

No comments:

Post a Comment